09 Şub

The palace was built by Sultan Abdulaziz between the years 1863-1867 and designed by Armenian architect Nigokos Balyan,it is the last sample of its period. Previously there was a beautiful Ottoman garden garden, ornated by the many kind of flowers and tulips,on the Bosphous.This was a period in which Ottoman sultans used their own building rather than using those of theirs ancertors.The iner walls and the roof were made of wood,the outer walls made of colorful marble.

During the Second Constitutional Monarchy,Sultan Mehmet Resat allowed the parliament to hold their meetings in this building.In 1910 the great fire destroyed the palace then the palace served many years as a football stadium for Beşiktaş J.K. In 1989 the ruined palace was bought by a Japanese corporation,which restored the palace and made a luxury hotel complex.Today,it is also known as Hotel Kempinsky,moreover it is the most expensive hotel in Turkey.

Bir cevap yazın

E-posta hesabınız yayımlanmayacak. Gerekli alanlar * ile işaretlenmişlerdir